Saturday, March 9, 2013

2013 Supercross | Daytona | 250SX & 450SX Predictions



(photo: amasupercross.com)

What an exciting night in St. Louis last week.  I was on my feet for the whole 450 main-what an unbelievable display of prowess.  The broadcast crew set it up perfectly and the boys on the track were bringing it.  Great night for Stewart and with some heads up racing by Villopoto and some risky passes under Red, Yellow and Crossed flags he found his way up front.  Barcia may be finding his rhythm again and if he can ride mistake free he’ll make it on the box.  Sounds like Kyle Chisholm has escaped serious injury, which we can all breathe a sigh of relief.  I love this sport and I know these guys hang it all on the line for our entertainment and they deserve our many thanks, and dollars I might add.  NFL guys have nothing on our Supercross athletes.  Hope to see all our injured athletes twisting the throttle soon.

Big news for Daytona is Ken Roczen on a 450.  Eli has not really proven to be much of a threat and I have a sneaking suspicion that Roczen will fare better than his counterpart-top 10?  Hahn and Wilson have their own little rivalry brewing or rather boiling over with such a short season.  Hahn I believe has an edge; he seems to have found another gear in the off-season because he is riding with a definite purpose.  Jeremy Martin is emerging and don’t let the 5th place fool you.  He had a terrible start and worked his way up to 5th, he had a great night.  Cole Thompson was another guy who made a statement last week.  Two guys we’ll keep an eye on this week.

So for those not paying attention, with my handicap last week in St. Louis I was 30% in the 450 class and 20% in the 250 class.  That 100% of my top 5 goal still eludes me but a lot more is going on behind the scenes at the Roost’r camp so stayed tuned.  The big showcase that is Daytona finally arrives this week and I have my favorites.  We never know what the weather will bring this time of year and if we’re lucky we’ll get another ‘slop’ like we did in 2008.  We’re in Daytona this week guys, remember “glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.”  Let’s get it on!

450SX Class

1.James Stewart -1
2.Ryan Villopoto +1
3.Davi Millsaps -1
4.Chad Reed +1
5.Ryan Dungey +1
6.Justin Barcia +1
7.Ken Roczen -1
8.Trey Canard +1
9.Eli Tomac +1
10. Justin Brayton +1

250SX Class

1.Dean Wilson -1
2.Will Hahn +1
3.Marvin Musquin -1
4.Jeremy Martin -1
5.Blake Wharton +1
6.Lance Vincent -1
7.Vince Friese +1
8.Cole Thompson -1
9.Zach Bell -1
10.Gavin Faith +1

Looks like we may get a few inches of snow here in Boulder County and should be blowing pretty good right about the time pre-race festivities begin.  I’m crossing my fingers that it doesn’t interfere with my satellite signal-what shall I do? 

The Roost’r

No comments:

Post a Comment