Friday, March 1, 2013

2013 Supercross | St Louis | 250SX & 450SX Predictions



(photo: amasupercross.com)
There was nothing routine about what went down in Atlanta last week.  That statement speaks volumes about the Supercross season so far.  For the first time this season, it felt like the same ‘ole same ‘ole.  Of course there were two new winners on the top box this round and that may have been the only common factor last weekend.

I can enjoy Supercross under any circumstance but I have to say that I sat comfortably in my seat this round, even got up to answer the phone on occasion.  It was cool to see Eli on the big bike again and what a great week for James Stewart and Will Hahn.  They both took the early lead and no one had an answer for them.  It was also nice to hear that a ride has finally found Andrew Short; all he has to do now is get results.  He deserves a mulligan for last week but if he can produce on a production bike, he should have no problem getting up to speed on a works bike.

So how did I do last week you ask?  Not great.  I’m 16% for the year and last week with my +/-1 handicap I was 20%.  Over here at Team Roost’r I am holding a vote to enforce my own personal brand of sequestration because something’s gotta give!  Shall we move to a +/-2 handicap?  I suspect I’ll vote it down for another week.

So what will $85 billion bring to my Supercross picks this week?  The top 5 calls, finally?  I doubt it so who cares?  No one apparently so let’s move on with a little TCB.

450SX

1.James Stewart – ran first on a slick track, look out, James is back
2.Davi Millsaps – he’s for real and deserves our respect (-1)
3.Ryan Villopoto – great start last week, nothing more (+1)
4.Justin Barcia – keeping it on two wheels, that’s progress (+1)
5.Ryan Dungey – should be able to hold onto his points standing (+1)
6.Eli Tomac – no rest for the wicked (+1)
7.Chad Reed – where’s the confidence we’re so used to from TwoTwo (-1)
8.Trey Canard – focused but still room for improvement (+1)
9.Jake Weimer – catching his groove (+1)
10.Justin Brayton – so close yet so far away (+1)

250SX

1.Dean Wilson – humbled by adversity, add consistency and the title is his to lose (-1)
2.Marvin Musquin – riding with determination (-1)
3.Will Hahn – first win is the sweetest, will be looking for more (+1)
4.Blake Wharton – consistency works only in the absence of consistency (-1)
5.Lance Vincent – poor showing last week, will need to step up (-1)
6.Vince Friese – has the skills but needs solid laps (+1)
7.Jeremy Martin – on the gas last week (-1)
8.Justin Hill – tough ride in Atlanta (-1)
9.Kyle Peters – on my radar since Dallas (-1)
10.Gavin Faith – held tough last week (+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment