Friday, March 15, 2013

2013 Supercross | Indianapolis | 250SX & 450SX Predictions

Photo: Frank Hoppen, supercrossonline
This is the Ides of March edition of my Supercross predictions and shall be celebrated famously with drinking and revelry as I pour a glass of St. Patrick’s delightful team green inspired suds.

Daytona is behind us and what a spectacular night of racing.  The Ricky Carmichael designed track was conceived with the riders in mind and as a spectator it seemed a bit unusual.  It didn’t appear to flow like the others and although the riders didn’t seem to mind it kept the race pace in check.  Other than that, it was quite entertaining. 

It was great to see another new winner in the 250 class.  I knew it would only be a matter of time before Marvin Musquin put together some solid laps.  He dominated Daytona and should keep his place on my leader board.  Cole Thompson I thought had a great ride as did Blake Wharton.  In the 450 class I was quite surprised by the performance of both Eli Tomac and Ken Roczen.  I thought Roczen would have the better night and it was turning out that way until Roczen began to fade just as Eli was heating up.  The usual suspects in the 450 class did not have a lot of surprises and Millsaps began to show some kinks in his armor and what happened to James Stewart?

So far my best round has been San Diego, where I was 30% overall.  This round, with my handicaps, I was 25% overall.  I have been concentrating more on overall performances rather than finishes and points standings so I’m not too concerned with my prediction results.  I started all this as a crash course in race analysis and predictions just sort of seemed like a good idea.  It sure adds a whole new perspective as a spectator and this experience has proven to be one heck of an experiment.  It’s a lot of fun for me and I hope it’s a little entertaining for my readers.

So now we’re headed to The Crossroads of America and Lucas Oil Stadium, former home of our hall of fame quarterback, Peyton Manning.  So will the Green teams rule the day?  They’ll score high this weekend although I’m only predicting one on the top box.  Grab yourself an ice cold ‘green’ one, here are my picks over this St. Patrick’s Day weekend.

450SX

1.Ryan Villopoto (-1)
2.Davi Millsaps (-1)
3.James Stewart (+1)
4.Justin Barcia (-1)
5.Ryan Dungey (+1)
6.Chad Reed (+1)
7.Trey Canard (-1)
8.Justin Brayton (+1)
9.Eli Tomac (+1)
10.Matt Goerke (+1)

250SX

1.Will Hahn (-1)
2.Dean Wilson (+1)
3.Marvin Musquin (+1)
4.Jeremy Martin (-1)
5.Blake Wharton (+1)
6.Cole Thompson (-1)
7.Justin Hill (+1)
8.Kyle Peters (-1)
9.Vince Friese (-1)
10.Gavin Faith (+1)

There they are the top ten in each class.  Monster Energy green will have some company this weekend.  Don’t forget to drink responsibly, there is a lot of riding to do this summer and you don’t want to spend that time recovering from a mistake.  Here they come Indy, enjoy!

The Roost’r

No comments:

Post a Comment