Friday, February 22, 2013

2013 Supercross | Atlanta | 250SX East & 450SX Predictions

(photo: amasupercross.com)
James Stewart!  He showed some real class by not throwing his team under the bus for the colossal mistake that kept him out of the main.  What a shame because Stewart was on his way for a win.  I have to apologize for not having much faith in him but I have changed my tune; I can still do that, right?  In any event, he should be furious but we should all be as forgiving as he.

Ok, so with my +/- handicaps I made tiny progress in the 450 class with 2 calls in the top 5 and 3 for the top 10.  In the 250 class I didn't do so well.  You'll see that I picked Durham to win and he wasn't even in the lineup; still out with an Achilles injury, no word on his return for Atlanta.  With the handicap I got the Wilson call and that was it.  I had a feeling I'd mess the bed in the first round of the 250 East; no excuses going forward.

I was most impressed with Brayton's performance even though he came in 5th, other than that I don't think there were any huge surprises in the 450SX class.  In the 250 class who can deny the performance by Marvin Musquin?  He'll be the one to watch this week in Atlanta.  Also, how about Will Hahn?  Way to step up.

I have another bone to pick with the broadcasting crew in the booth.  I just don't hear the unbridled enthusiasm from the guys except when someone goes down.  There were times when the guys stood silent, just letting the dead air float freely.  Are there times during a race when nothing is happening?  If I could make one suggestion, if there is nothing worth mentioning in the top of the order, focus on the bottom; there has to be something exciting going on at any time.

So this week we get to see Eli Tomac on the big bikes, that should be exciting; he could be a spoiler for Millsaps; should make for some great racing.  I kind of like the format last week with my picks.  I have no point of reference but I suspect my readers don't mind a shorter post.  I'll continue with the same this week and I really like the added intrigue the handicap adds to my viewing pleasure so that will continue too.

So how would the 450 guys answer the following question; What's it going to take to win the race?

450SX

1. Ryan Villopoto...........it's gonna take a good start
2. Davi Millsaps.........it'll take a good start -1
3. James Stewart.......ah man, just have to get a good start +1
4. Ryan Dungey........you know, a good start -1
5. Justin Barcia.......just get a good start -1
6. Chad Reed.......I sound like a broken record, but it's gonna take a good start +1
7. Eli Tomac.......a good start +1
8. Justin Brayton.......gotta get a good start -1
9. Trey Canard........a good start for sure -1
10. Andrew Short......have to get a good start
(A sure sign we need to mix it up some.....hint, take a look at the Monster Energy Cup for some ideas)


250SX

1. Dean Wilson...where is everybody, oh, they're behind me
2. Will Hahn...look out, I'm coming on your left -1
3. Marvin Musquin...get out of my way +1
4. Blake Wharton...I'm ready to move up, I think +1
5. Zach Bell...just rub some dirt on it -1
6. Vince Friese...who are these guys -1
7. Kyle Peters...you don't know me now, just give me a minute
8. Justin Hill...my name is Justin
9. Gavin Faith...just go man
10. Jimmy Decotis...hey Ricky, it's Decotis

Is everybody as excited as I am?  Supercross baby!  Only thing better is the outdoor season on natural terrain.  A little snow here in Colorado this week but I did get to take the YZ out last weekend.  No chance for riding this weekend; no problem, I have the best seat in the house for round 8.  See you next week.

The Roost'r

No comments:

Post a Comment