Friday, February 15, 2013

2013 Supercross | Arlington | 250SX East & 450SX Predictions

(photo: amasupercross.com)
Predicting Supercross results requires a lot of study time, more than I'm able to commit at this point and without that time commitment performance is sure to suffer.  My results leave a lot to be desired but I'm making progress.  For example, in San Diego, with a +/- 1 handicap I was 6 out of 10 in the 450 class and 5 out of 10 in the 250 class.  Before this year I would have just gone by points so I'm moving in the right direction.

The biggest surprises for me in San Diego were with Ryan Villopoto and Cole Seely.  These two guys had a terrible night and each left some valuable points on the table.  Villopoto at least has some time to recover but Seely may have just sealed his fate.  So now for the 450's it's upward and onward and for the 250's it's thunder in the East.

My spreadsheets are revealing some great statistics and there's still plenty of racing to go.  The week has gotten away from me so in the interest of time I'm going to keep my rider comments to one sentence or less.  I'm also going to give my picks an extra shot by calling a +/- handicap to see if I can boost my percentages a bit; something like a GPA booster I suppose.  Anyway, enough of that, let's get down to the greasy kid stuff.

450SX

1. Ryan Villopoto - I seem to be what I'm not, you see | -1
2. Davi Millsaps - Serendipitous? | -1
3. Justin Barcia - Keeping it real | +1
4. James Stewart - Kicking and a' gouging | -1
5. Ryan Dungey -Seeing is believing
6. Chad Reed - Flotsam and Jetsam
7. Trey Canard - Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology | -1
8. Andrew Short -Temporary lay offs, Good Times | +1
9. Justin Brayton - Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz | -1
10. Matt Goerke - Where's Mike Alessi? | -1

250SX

For the East I've decided to hold my comments till the next round.  I did some research earlier in the year but after 6 rounds I'd like to judge each racer on their most recent performance.  Of course you can't ignore prior records so I had to put some thought into my picks but as we've seen, anything can happen.  The 250's are always flooded with rookies and at this level you can never tell how they'll stack up until the gate drops.  I think my picks are pretty sound but we'll just have to wait and see.

1. Darryn Durham | -1
2. Dean Wilson | +1
3. Marvin Musquin
4. Blake Wharton | +1    
5. Will Hahn | +1
6. Gavin Faith
7. Zachary Bell
8. Justin Hill
9. Seth Caldwell
10. Joey Peters

Had hoped for more time but this is the best I could do this week.  It's still my passion and I'm having one heck of a time.  I've never enjoyed racing so much, perhaps one day I'll be lucky enough to do this full time.  Till then, it's just me and my spreadsheets.

The Roost'r

No comments:

Post a Comment