Friday, May 17, 2013

2013 Motocross | Hangtown Predictions


Photo: Carl Stone / Racer X Online
Natural terrain; this is where it all began.  The teams have all been testing their outdoor setups, the riders have been conditioning for the long 30 minute motos, the tracks have all been groomed and the fans are just winding down from a monumental Supercross season.  This is it; 2013 Lucas Oil Motocross.

I'm extremely excited about this season because we might just have all the best riders on the track in the 450 class.  No more excuses!  If James Stewart and Ryan Villopoto stay healthy this year will set the standard.  The usual suspects will no doubt occupy the top 10 but that still doesn't make predictions any easier.  Stop the presses!  Yes, it's true, J. Law will be returning to the series and personally I can't wait to see what he brings.  He's always been one of my favorite riders, despite his off track problems.  Everyone deserves a second chance so Jason Lawrence make it count.

In the 250 class we have a lot of new comers so this class will be difficult to predict as always.  Looks like Tomac will be back on the 250's and he's my pick to win it all.  The defending champ Blake Baggett will most certainly challenge if he's healthy.  The boys of KTM will battle it out for king of the KTM roost and my edge has to go to Musquin.

My Supercross spreadsheets won't help me much this summer so I'll have to rely mostly on past observations.  Last minute team changes and scratches are part of the game but that won't stop me from drawing my line in the sand every week.  My favorite season for dirt bikes starts today with my top 10's; start your engines.

450 Class

1. Ryan Villopoto (- 1)
2. James Stewart (+ 1)
3. Ryan Dungey (+ 1)
4. Mike Alessi (- 1)
5. Justin Barcia (+ 1)
6. Jake Weimer (- 1)
7. Justin Brayton (- 1)
8. Andrew Short (+ 1)
9. Trey Canard (+ 1)
10. Tyla Rattray (- 1)

250 Class

1. Eli Tomac (- 1)
2. Blake Baggett (+ 1)
3. Ken Roczen (- 1)
4. Marvin Musquin (+ 1)
5. Martin Davalos (+ 1)
6. Cole Seely (- 1)
7. Blake Wharton (+ 1)
8. Zach Osborne (- 1)
9. Jake Canada (+ 1)
10. Darryn Durham (+ 1)

With 40 riders to choose from in each class, picking the top 10 from a very talented field is going to be an enormous task.  For all you fantasy players, let me leave you with some advice.  "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."  Here they come Hangtown, you lucky devils.

The Roost'r

No comments:

Post a Comment