Friday, May 31, 2013

2013 Motocross | Tennessee Predictions

It was nice to see our local news cover the Nationals but nothing can replace the experience of attending the races in person.  The weather was great, the sights and sounds were all I had hoped for plus I get to update the garage with some new memorabilia.  Someday I hope to travel each week to watch the greatest riders in the world; a Deadhead of Motocross if you will.

In any event, our hometown hero did not disappoint with a great performance to his first overall of the season.  Roczen is riding extremely well and it's a
toss up if both these guys stay healthy this season.  I wish I could say the same for his teammate, Marvin Musquin.  I still believe he'll make a comeback and challenge for podium spots every week.  Baggett, Osborne, Jeremy Martin and Jason Anderson will be regulars in the top 10, especially after their performances at Thunder Valley.  Hats off to Jeremy Martin for leading the rookies last week, kudos.

No big surprises in the 450 class but what a dominating performance by Villopoto.  Is it too soon to talk about a season sweep?  RV is riding on a
whole other level, not even the fastest man on the planet can keep up with him.  As for Dungey, he is riding his heart out and passing Villopoto will not be easy.  Justin Barcia is catching up fast and the one to watch in my opinion.  James Stewart needs to find a little more control or his title hopes will soon be over.  Trey Canard  and Mike Alessi will both have solid performances all season long and both are long shots for the title but anything can happen.

My record was 30% in both classes, worse than in week one which could have a little to do with Clement Desalle and Kevin Strijbos, two MX1 division rivals, who had strong showings in Colorado.  In my business there's a saying; don't fight the fed.  In other words, take what you can get.  Had I followed this rule I could have improved my results to perhaps 50% through the past two rounds. Oftentimes over thinking can lead you astray so this week I'll take my own advice.  It's sure to be another great weekend for motocross; the envelope please...

450 Class

1. Ryan Villopoto (- 1)
2. Justin Barcia (- 1)
3. Ryan Dungey (+ 1)
4. James Stewart (+ 1)
5. Trey Canard (+ 1)
6. Mike Alessi (- 1)
7. Tyla Rattray (- 1)
8. Dean Wilson (- 1)
9. Josh Grant (- 1)
10. Chad Reed (+ 1)

250 Class

1. Eli Tomac (- 1)
2. Ken Roczen (+ 1)
3. Zach Osborne (- 1)
4. Marvin Musquin (+ 1)
5. Jason Anderson (- 1)
6. Jeremy Martin (+ 1)
7. Martin Davalos (- 1)
8. Blake Baggett (+ 1)
9. Cooper Webb (- 1)
10. Justin Bogle (+ 1)

I took a ton of pictures so have a look at a few of my favorites.  Motocross thunder comes to Tennessee for the first time; are you ready?

The Roost'r









No comments:

Post a Comment